- 1 maple plank
- 2 fillets fresh pickerel
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fresh lemon juice
1. Soak the wood plank for 30 minutes in fresh cold water. Get your charcoal red hot with both vents open for full heat.
2. Lay the fish fillets on the plank and season with salt and pepper then place the fresh thyme on top of the fish.
3. Put the plank on the hottest part of the grill and close the lid.
4. Wait 8-10 minutes and take a peek, the flesh of the fish should flake easily.
5. Remove and glaze with the maple syrup and lemon juice.