Contest Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Contest is open only to those who sign up at the online contest page and who are 19 years of age as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TAPS Magazine and Beer Lovers’ Tour Company, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting September 1, 2016 and ending October 31, 2016. All online entries must be received by October 31, 2016 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of TAPS Magazine. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of TAPS Magazine.
5. Prize: Winner will receive a voucher for two to The Old Toronto Beer Tour. including visits and tastings at four Toronto craft breweries: Steam Whistle, Amsterdam, Mill Street and Izumi Sake plus visits to Fort York, Corktown and the historic Distillery District. Included will be a Charcuterie lunch, all beer tastings, transportation in Toronto between the locations, 4 brewery visits, site-seeing including entrance to Fort York, led by a professional beer & history guide, valued at $298 plus tax. Winner must arrange their own transportation to the tour start location and arrange transit or taxi for their safe return home. Tour day will be determined by Beer Lovers’ Tour Company availability and the availability of the winner. Prize must be used one year from the date of winning. This prize does not include airfare, transportation, or spending money should there be a winner out of province. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable except at the Sponsor’s discretion. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. 7. Winner selection and notification: Winner of the contest will be selected in a
7. Winner selection and notification: Winner of the contest will be selected in a random drawing. Winner will be notified via email to the email address they entered the contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine, anyone acting on behalf of Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine. The aforementioned companies reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions Beer Lovers’ Tour Company has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and Taps Magazine reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Beer Lovers’ Tour Company and TAPS Magazine. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Beer Lovers’ Tour Company / TAPS Magazine and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ONTARIO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of- pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.