We’re getting game ready with this spiced rum aged porter jerk marinade developed by Chef Craig Wong, Chef/Owner of Patois Restaurant using Innis & Gunn‘s Spiced Rum Aged Porter. Check out the recipe below!
Spiced Rum Aged Porter Jerk Marinade
*Yields enough for two whole chickens or albs of pork
- 3 tbs ginger (peeled)
- 2 whole Scotch bonnet peppers (stems removed )
- 3 bunches scallions (coarse chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 tbsp pimento (toasted, fine ground)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Innis & Gunn Spiced Rum Aged Porter
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves off the stem & chopped)
- 1 tbsp salt
- Combine ginger, scotch bonnet, scallion, and garlic in a blender. Blend until combined. While blender is running, add light soy sauce and Innis & Gunn Spiced Rum Aged Porter. Add pimento, thyme, and salt to finish.
- Marinate pork or chicken overnight.
- For best results, grill meat over a medium flame on the barbecue or bake in the oven at 350ºC