Big Rig Brewery walked away with 5 medals last night at the 2016 Ontario Brewing Awards.
The gala, which was hosted at The Great Hall in Toronto, had a total of 45 categories. This year, entries increased by 50% to 600 and participating breweries increased by 65% to 112.
Big Rig Brewery took home the following 5 medals:
• GOLD for Big Boot (Hefeweizen)
• GOLD for Release the Hounds (Dark IPA)
• GOLD for Tartan Pants (Scotch Ale)
• GOLD for Kanatador (Doppelbock)
• BRONZE for Bock Me Gently (Bock)
“It’s always a great honour to be recognized for our work,” says Lon Ladell, co-owner and brewmaster of Big Rig Brewery. “Especially with so many great breweries and beers in Ontario. This is a real testament to the hard work of our brew team.”
With the additional five medals, Big Rig Brewery has now earned 20 medals at the Ontario Brewing Awards since 2013.